Dear Students and Families,
I hope you are all well, safe, and ready to return to school, albeit in a virtual format!
HOW WILL SPANISH 5/6 AND 7/8 CLASS BE RUN?
- Enter canvas using your username and password. There will be instruction via zoom every day for each hour.
- Be prepared - work from the previous day is due by 7:20 AM the next day.
- Be on time - be in the zoom waiting room using your full name waiting admittance by Sra. Nasr
- Be at a table or a desk - not in a bed, recliner, or couch - I need you ENGAGED with the class.
- Be dressed in school attire. Pajamas are NOT ok.
- NO CELL PHONES - unless otherwise indicated
- Let's all speak Spanish - It's a safe place to speak Spanish. We will ALL make mistakes -- that's how we learn!
HOW WILL WE COMMUNICATE?
- Parents and students will continue to receive messages and reminders on Remind.com and will be able to respond and ask questions.
- You may also email me. email@example.com
- I will set up links on the google classroom to connect virtually (virtual conferencing) with Zoom. You will just need to click on the link at the stated time and we will have our face to face meeting.
- Expectations on Netiquette
WHAT IF STUDENTS (OR PARENTS) NEED HELP?
- Students with an IEP or 504 plan -- those accommodations are still in place. If you’re concerned about how we’ll proceed, let me know. I’ll accommodate the needs you have and work with you to ensure your ability to participate in class and to help you learn the content.
- The start of this school year is different than how we ended 2019-2020. Student's grades are based on performance toward proficiency. I will grade assignments and hold students to academic integrity. Students are expected to participate in virtual class (as well as in-person once we return) to improve their proficiency and obtain the desired grade.
- No ONLINE TRANSLATOR. Students who choose to use a translator on-line or human will receive a -0- for the assignment.
WHAT IS THE FIRST THING TO LOOK FOR?
- Check the google doc calendar regularly for all assignments and due dates.
- Contact me if you need help figuring out what you can do or how to do it.
- Make sure that you attend Zoom Virtual class daily.
Class Times for the Virtual Classroom:
1st hour - 7:20-8:10
2nd hour - 8:20-9:10
3rd hour - 9:10-10:10
4th hour - 10:20-11:10
5th hour - prep hour
6th hour - 1:10:-2:05
Virtual Class Office Hours - Tues, Wed, and Thurs 2-3 PM
Period 1 Español 5/6
Period 2 Español 7/8
Period 3 AOI
Period 4 Español 5/6
Period 6 Español 5/6