7:20 - 8:10 Period 1: AP Spanish and Capstone Independent Study
8:20 - 9:10 Period 2: IB HL Spanish Seniors and IB HL Juniors
9:20 - 10:10 Period 3: Honors Spanish 7/8
10:20 - 11:10 Period 4: Capstone Spanish/IB HL Senior Capstone, & HL IB Senior
11:10 - 12:10 Lunch
12:10 - 1:00 Period 5: AP Spanish
1:10 - 2:05 Period 6: Prep
2:10 - 3:00 Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday Office hours
For those parents who were unable to attend our Virtual Open House. Here is the Video I created reviewing important information. Please feel free to contact me via email with any questions.
Sra. Raught's Page
Bienvenidos a la clase de Español
Dear Parents/ Guardians and Students,
I know there are many uneasy feeling about coming back to school virtually. However, it will be different than it was the end of last year. We all know that we have to work together and continue to grow as we move forward. I look forward to seeing you everyday in my zoom class, even though we all prefer to be together. It is okay. We will safely get there some time in the future.
HOW WILL SPANISH 7/8- IB JR., AP, IB SR. and CAPSTONE CLASSES BE RUN?
- Enter canvas using your username and password. There will be instruction via zoom every day for each hour.
- Be prepared - work from the previous day is due by your class time the next day unless otherwise instructed.
- Be on time - be in the zoom waiting room waiting admittance by Sra. Raught
- Be at a table or a desk - not in a bed, recliner, or couch - I need you ENGAGED with us.
- Be dressed in school attire. Pajamas are NOT ok.
- NO CELL PHONES - unless otherwise indicated. You may have them at the ready if we need another screen.
- Let's all speak Spanish - It's a safe place to speak Spanish. We will ALL make mistakes -- that's how we learn!
HOW WILL WE COMMUNICATE?
- Parents and students will receive messages and reminders on Remind.com and I will be able to respond and ask questions.
- The Zoom links will be located in Canvas each week.
- Of course, you can also email me or send me a Remind as well.
WHAT IF STUDENTS (OR PARENTS) NEED HELP?
- I assure parents who have students with an IEP or 504 plan that those accommodations will still be in place.
- I promise to go above and beyond in providing ALL students with the support they need to be successful. We all need to be sensitive stress levels as we embark on this adventure together, so please don’t hesitate to let me know if something is too much or unclear. As is often said, this is an unprecedented set of circumstances, and we are all feeling our way together. We are more than ever a true team who has to work together to ensure the continued growth of our beloved students. Communication and patience will be key to our success and survival.
- Please come to my virtual office hours Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 2:10- 3:00. We will also begin SHH tutoring.
WHAT IS THE FIRST THING TO LOOK FOR?
- Check the calendar for all assignments and due dates. We will have our first online meeting via ZOOM at the scheduled class time. (See below)
- Read the information on the Welcome Section of Canvas so that you may understand more about the class and how it will function.
- Contact me if you need help figuring out what you can do or how to do it.
- I will be providing a time for office hours through Zoom where you will be able to talk to me, ask questions, get help and just practice Spanish.
I look forward to working with you and seeing you all on-line soon.