Sra. Raught's Page
Bienvenidos a la clase de Español
Tuesday, March 31, 2020
Dear Students and Families,
I have missed you all these past two weeks! I hope you are all well, safe, and ready to return to school, albeit in a different way!
WHEN WILL IT START?
- By now you have received the letter and phone call from the superintendent, Debbie Burdick, concerning how Virtual School Instruction for students will begin on April 2, 2020.
HOW WILL SPANISH 7/8- IB JR., AP, IB SR. and CAPSTONE CLASSES BE RUN?
- I will be using Google Classroom. The class codes that you will need to join were sent to you via email. I will be also sending them out via Remind.
You must use your school google account in order to access the classes.
- The resources we already have are still in Edmodo. Capstone with be utilizing the actual site for many of the projects and assignments. If you have forgotten your login or your password, please email or Remind me and I can help you.
- Make sure that you are connected to Remind –
- It is very important that you “check in” daily and complete the attendance form before 2pm.
- Make sure that you keep track of assignments due dates on the calendar.
HOW WILL WE COMMUNICATE?
- Parents and students will continue to receive messages and reminders on Remind.com and will be able to respond and ask questions.
- I will set up links on the google classroom to connect virtually (virtual conferencing) with Zoom. You will just need to click on the link at the stated time and we will have our face to face meeting.
- Of course, you can also email me or send me a Remind as well.
WHAT IF STUDENTS (OR PARENTS) NEED HELP?
- I assure parents who have students with an IEP or 504 plan that those accommodations will still be in place.
- I promise to go above and beyond in providing ALL students with the support they need to be successful. We all need to be sensitive stress levels as we embark on this adventure together, so please don’t hesitate to let me know if something is too much or unclear. As is often said, this is an unprecedented set of circumstances, and we are all feeling our way together. We are more than ever a true team who has to work together to ensure the continued growth of our beloved students. Communication and patience will be key to our success and survival.
WHAT IS THE FIRST THING TO LOOK FOR?
- Check the calendar for all assignments and due dates. We will have our first online meeting via ZOOM at the scheduled class time. (See below) We will not have a meeting every day, but I will be posting and sending Reminds when we do. Please know that I understand you may not be able to make it due to family or work commitments, but please let me know so I can catch you up on any information missed.
- Read the information on Google Classroom about new grades that have been posted. We were not to add any work or new material while we were on the break. We do not want any grades to go any lower than they are currently, so if you see missing assignments that need to be completed, communicate with me and, please take this opportunity to improve your grades.
- AP and IB Jr. and Sr. students, your grade will still be calculated all the way through the semester. Therefore, you must keep up with the work.
- Contact me if you need help figuring out what you can do or how to do it.
- I will be providing a time for office hours through Zoom where you will be able to talk to me, ask questions, and get help.
I look forward to working with you and seeing you all on-line soon.
- Pd. 1 8:00-8:30
- Pd. 2 8:45-9:15
- Pd. 3 9:30-10:00
- Pd. 4 10:15-10:45
- Lunch 11:00-12:00
- Pd. 5 12:15-12:45
- Pd. 6 1:00-1:30
- Office hours: 2:00-3:00 Monday-Thursday and Friday by appointment only
Period 1: AP Spanish
Period 2: Spanish 7/8 Honors & IB Jr.
Period 3: AP Spanish
Period 4: Capstone Spanish/ AP indep. small group
Period 5: IB Sr. & AP Spanish
Period 6: Prep