Welcome to Developmental Preschool
Dear Parents and Students,
Even though CCUSD schools remain closed for the year, learning still continues for all students. Visit Desert Sun Academy's virtual school to access your lessons for this week.
Welcome to Room 502~
I am so excited to be teaching Developmental Preschool again this year. This is my 30th year teaching and I love what I do! I can't wait to take this journey into a fun year of learning and growing.
Fun At-Home Learning
- Read to your child to create a love of reading
- Book Suggestions: Goldilocks and the Three Bears, The Gingerbread Man, The Little Red Hen, The Three Little Pigs, Why Flies Buzz and How Turtles Got Their Shells
- Nursery rhymes (Mother Goose) and singing songs builds readiness for reading
- Rote count to 10 and back down to 1 will build number sense (count out crackers as you give your child a snack)
- Drawing basic shapes and having your child color the inside will improve preschool concepts and fine motor skills
- Visit the Public Library and check out books regulary (your student can get a library card too)
- Practice fine motor skills with playdough, lacing cards, kid size scissors (cutting poster board), chalk on the sidewalk or patio, use tongs when picking up to count out crackers for snack.
- Gross Motor
- Circle Time
- Guided Centers
- Discovery Time
- Language/ Snack
- Recall/Pack up