Alpha Social Studies/Team Leader
Phone: ext. 8658
Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Science Elementary Education Secondary Endorsement College of Charleston Charleston, South Carolina 2000
Ms. Shannon Griffith
I was born and raised in the Midwest, so Go Bears, Cubs, Bulls, and Blackhawks! However, Arizona has been my home since the end of high school, so I do root for our Arizona teams, too! After high school, I attended The College of Charleston in South Carolina. While passionate about Marine Biology at the time, I slowly came back to the world of education and earned my Bachelor of Science degree in Elementary Education.
I have been teaching in CCUSD since 2001 and I can't imagine being anywhere else! I have two kiddos; a sophomore at CSHS and an 8th grader here at Sonoran Trails. We love being a part of such a unique community! Teaching English and Social Studies to quirky middle schoolers is my passion and when I'm not sharing my love of learning, I'm hiking, traveling, reading, exploring around town, and making memories with my own two kiddos, friends, and family!
Contact Me: Shannon Griffith
For specific information about classwork, etc., please log in to Google Classroom.
Parents, click HERE for detailed information about how you and your student can navigate Google Classroom.
My Educational Philosophy encompasses the following beliefs:
- Building strong, caring relationships based on mutual respect and trust sets the tone for my class community and ultimately, grows learners!
- Providing my students with the tools to be successful in an information literate society creates 21st Century Learners and Citizens
- Valuing, understanding, and celebrating similarities and differences leads to empathy, trust, and a safe learning environment for ALL students
- Thriving students have a network of support systems and caring adults and peers--teachers, parents, AND students working together
- Utilizing the following best practices and instructional strategies for personalized learning will create success and confidence in my students:
- Playlists & Hyperdocs
- Task Cards & Station Rotations
- Project/Problem-based Learning Experiences
- Inquiry & Socratic Seminar
- Technology & 21st Century Skill Application
- Independent/Partner/Group Collaboration Opportunities
- Journaling & Self-Reflection