Dear Parents/ Guardians and Students,
Welcome to our Chinese class!
I know there are many uneasy feeling about coming back to school virtually. However, We will work together and continue to grow as we move forward. There are some questions which you may have similar concern.
HOW WILL CHINESE 5/6, 7/8- IB JR., AP, IB SR. CLASSES BE RUN?
- Enter canvas using your username and password. There will be instruction via zoom every day for each hour.
- Be prepared - work from the previous day is due by your class time the next day unless otherwise instructed.
- Be on time - be in the zoom waiting room waiting admittance by Ms. Sun
- Be at a table or a desk - not in a bed, recliner, or couch - I need you ENGAGED with us.
- Be dressed in school attire. Pajamas are NOT ok.
- NO CELL PHONES - unless otherwise indicated. You may have them at the ready if we need another screen.
- Let's all speak Chinese - It's a safe place to speak Chinese. We will ALL make mistakes -- that's how we learn!
HOW WILL WE COMMUNICATE?
- Parents and students will receive messages and reminders on Remind.com and I will be able to respond and ask questions.
- The Zoom links will be located in Canvas each week.
- Of course, you can also email me or send me a Remind as well.
WHAT IF STUDENTS (OR PARENTS) NEED HELP?
- I assure parents who have students with an IEP or 504 plan that those accommodations will still be in place.
- I promise to go above and beyond in providing ALL students with the support they need to be successful. We all need to be sensitive stress levels as we embark on this adventure together, so please don’t hesitate to let me know if something is too much or unclear. As is often said, this is an unprecedented set of circumstances, and we are all feeling our way together. We are more than ever a true team who has to work together to ensure the continued growth of our beloved students. Communication and patience will be key to our success and survival.
- Please come to my virtual office hours Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 2:10- 3:00.
WHAT IS THE FIRST THING TO LOOK FOR?
- Check the calendar for all assignments and due dates. We will have our first online meeting via ZOOM at the scheduled class time. (See below)
- Read the information on the Welcome Section of Canvas so that you may understand more about the class and how it will function.
- Contact me if you need help figuring out what you can do or how to do it.
- I will be providing a time for office hours through Zoom where you will be able to talk to me, ask questions, get help and just practice Chinese.
I look forward to seeing you everyday in my zoom class, even though we all prefer to be together. We will safely get there some time in the future.
Classroom Hours for Teacher Scheduled Zoom /Google Hangout Meetings
6:20-7:10 am Zero Hour
7:20-8:10 am 1st period Prep
8:20-9:10 am 2nd period Chinese 7/8, IB Jrs, IB Srs. AP
9:20- 10:10am 3rd period E2020 Chinese online
10:20- 11:10am 4th period Chinese 5/6
12:10-1:00pm 5th period Chinese 7/8, AP
1:10-2:05 pm 6th periods Chinese 5/6
2:10-3:00 pm Office Hours Tues-Thur