Welcome to Art
Welcome to the Cactus Shadow Art Studio!
You will be entering a place of discovery, imagination and creativity. We will all be learning together and finding out what makes your artwork unique.
A few expectations as we start out this new school year online:
- Be ontime - be in the Zoom waiting room for admittance & attendance
- Be prepared - classwork from previous day is due by 7:20 AM (unless otherwise directed)
- Have your art supplies at the ready - sketchbook and something to draw with
- No cell phone usage - unless otherwise directed
- Be at a desk or a table - not in your bed or recliner
- BE ENGAGED in the learning!
- Follow dresscode - NO PJs or hoodie covering
- You'll be entering CANVAS using your username and password
- The assignments, videos, images, discussions will be in Canvas
If you are a student who needs access to Ms. Paysen's Zoom classroom, please check your school email for the Welcome Letter.
If you are a student or parent that needs help with Canvas plese use this link to the Distric website:
Please email me if you have more specific questions. I am here to help and we'll figure all this out together!
A little philosophy about why I teach...
Because of Mr. Ed., my high school art teacher.
He opened up the world of art to me.
I teach so that I can encourage young artists the way he did for me and share my love for creating art with others.
**Can you guess my favorite artist??**
1st Period Prep
7:20 - 8:10
2nd Period Intro to Art
8:20 - 9:10
3rd Period Draw/Paint
9:20 - 10:10
4th Period Draw/Paint
10:20 - 11:10
5th Period Intro to Art
12:10 - 1:00
6th Period Intro to Art
1:10 - 2:00
2:00 - 3:00 T, W, T