Welcome to World History with Mrs.Frazey!
Dear Parents, Guardians and Students,
Cactus Shadows High School has transitioned to online learning. All course work is now available via my Canvas site. The steps required for students to access or enroll in my Canvas are given to you by the Cactus Shadows administration through email.
Weekly Assignments: The course work for all my courses will be made available each week on Saturday prior to the due date and will be due as specified on that particular assignment or quiz on Canvas. This provides students with ample time to complete the work. Students will always have access to the next weekly assignments far in advance. These lesson plans include test prep for their finals in May.
Attendance: In compliance with state guidelines I will need to mark attendance each school day (M-F), except for days off on our district calendar. Therefore, in addition to the daily and weekly assignments, students will have to log on to Zoom for daily attendance during their class time with me. The daily live Zoom call will double as an attendance marker that I will use to mark students present or absent, and will only be accessible on scheduled school days. Attendance is mandatory daily and make sure you have a camera on your computer as black screens with only a name are not permitted for safety and security.
Behavior Expectations on Zoom, as set by district are as follows: Cactus Shadows Digital Citizenship 2020- Distance Learning Expectations
*These expectations are for any class that is taken with our teachers and not a part of Edgenuity.
- Setting should be well-lighted - student needs to be clearly visible
- No inappropriate posters, wall art, etc.
- No audible music or other distracting sounds in background (TV, video games, phones, etc)
- Students should participate from a setting conducive to schoolwork - it is best to establish a “school space/desk area” in the home and not attempt to work from cars, public spaces, poolside, laying on a bed or couch
- Students should dress according to the student handbook.
- Casual - school-appropriate
- Hoodies does not cover the head
- No pajamas or sleepwear
- No inappropriate messaging on clothing
Language and behavior:
- School-appropriate language
- Avoid distracting behaviors
- Students must log in within the 5-minute window before the assigned class time start- Tardiness will be recorded.
- Video on at all times
- Audio muted (teacher can set this preference)
- Breaks should be discouraged since online sessions are brief, however, to minimize distractions if a break is needed, student needs to request permission from teacher, turn video off when leaving room and turn video on upon returning.
- Teachers will take attendance with within first 5 minutes of class. Attendance and tardiness will be recorded.
- Student having technical issues should “immediately” contact school attendance line.
- If a student will miss a class period or a whole day, please call the attendance line, the same as if we were “in person”.
- Student behavior must be in accordance with established guidelines in the handbook. If a behavior that is not in alignment with the school rules occurs, consequences will apply.
- Academic integrity is absolutely expected during this time- students should produce and turn in their own work - any violations will have consequences in accordance with the student handbook.
Cactus Shadows Distance Learning Time Schedule:
Teachers meet at the beginning of class for attendance and synchronous instruction/interaction for a minimum of 20 minutes.
Communication: Should you or your student need additional help/information please feel free to email at email@example.com or students can schedule “Office Hours” for individual needs or more in-depth questions. I am willing and able to provide “Office Hours” on Zoom daily 2:00 -3:00 pm. Please email me to schedule this.
New Daily Online Schedule:
6:20 - 7:10 AM Zero Hour
7:20 - 8:10 AM 1st period - AP World History
8:20 - 10:10 AM 2nd period - AP World History
9:20 - 10:10 AM 3rd period - Prep
10:20 - 11:10 AM 4th period - AP World History
11:10 - 12:10 PM Lunch
12:10 - 1:00 PM 5th period - IB History of the Americas
1:10 - 2:05 PM 6th period - AP World History
2:05 - 3:00 PM Office Hours - please email me to set up a Zoom call for help anytime
Students, please visit my Canvas Classroom daily and sign in and contribute to my daily and weekly assignments! Attendance is taken daily on a live Zoom call.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1st period: AP World History 7:20-8:10
2nd period: AP World History 8:20-9:10
3rd period: Prep
4th period: AP World History 10:20 -11:10
Lunch 11:10 - 12:10
5th period: IB History of the Americas 12:10 - 1:00
6th period: AP World History 1:10 - 2:05
Office Hours daily by appointment through email 2:10 - 3:00
Mrs. Frazey’s Online Classroom Expectations
- Classwork and assignments will be uploaded to Canvas as specified.
- Students will have a full week to complete the assigned work.
- Every CLASS day (M-F) will have a required login to a live Zoom call.
- Follow district protocol for your behavior expectations for attending class on Zoom.
- If your computer does not have a camera you must get a camera or come pick up a computer from Cactus Shadows; I must see your face on Zoom.
- All assignments will be located in the “Modules” tab on the Canvas Classroom.
- Students will complete and upload all work to the “Modules” tab on the Canvas Classroom.
- Students will submit these assignments on the day specified in Canvas.
Office Hours/ Contacting Mrs. Frazey:
- Mrs. Frazey will be available between 7 AM and 3 PM via her school email account: email@example.com
- Students may arrange for a video conference on Zoom by emailing Mrs. Frazey
See teacher for specific syllabus.
1) Books needed for IB History of the Americas is Oxford's History of the Americas and Oxford's Move to Global War
2) Book needed for AP World History is Strayer's Ways of the World
Required Texts for IB History of the Americas:
1)Oxford's History of the Americas, ISBN 978- 0198310235
2) Move to Global War, ISBN-13: 978-0198310181
Required Texts for AP World History:
Ways of the World 3rd Edition, ISBN: 978-1-319-02272-3