The Desert Sun Academy Dress Code for 2018-19
Desert Sun Academy has a mandatory dress code for all elementary students. Dress code information is highlighted below:
Tops: Red, white or navy blue school golf shirts
- Short or long sleeves with official Desert Sun Academy crest/logo (www.frenchtoast.com)
- No other tops are acceptable.
Bottoms: Khaki/Tan or Navy blue—solid color
- BOYS - Neat chinos, neat cotton fitted shorts, walking shorts or cargo shorts
- GIRLS – skirts, pants, capris, jumpers, skorts or shorts
- No stripes, embroidery, sweat pants, color trimmed or athletic bottoms
- Bottoms may be purchased from French Toast Uniforms or any other store that carries uniform-type children’s clothing.
Other dress code rules:
- Shorts/skirts must be below mid-thigh.
- Shoes / sneakers must be neat, safe and appropriate. Laces must be tied.
- No flip-flops are permitted.
- Sandals with a strap should be worn for safety.
- No athletic / gym type shorts are permitted.
- The principal or teachers will determine whether clothing complies with the Desert Sun Academy Dress Code. If students are out of uniform, they will need to “borrow” a uniform from the health office and return it the next day ironed and folded, OR call home and have a parent bring a uniform to school.
On very cold days, students may need to wear hoodies, jackets, sweatshirts or sweaters over their school uniform. Please consider purchasing warm outer clothing that has our DSA crest.
- Outer garments must be solid in color.
- Teachers may ask students to remove outerwear in the classroom.
- A red, white or blue long sleeve shirt may be worn under the uniform short sleeve shirt on chilly days.
- Leggings may be worn under uniform skirts and shorts on chilly days and must be a solid color (black, red, white or blue).