Desert Sun Academy
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM PROCEDURES
Desert Sun Academy recognizes that volunteer assistance in schools can enrich the educational program, increase supervision of students, and contribute to school safety while strengthening the relationship between the school and the community. Desert Sun Academy encourages parents/guardians and other members of the community to share their time, knowledge, and abilities with our students.
How do volunteers sign up?
- Contact the classroom teacher to obtain information regarding volunteer opportunities available.
- Review the Volunteer Responsibilities
- Complete Volunteer Application (Category I or Category II)
- If participating as a Category I Volunteer, submit the application to the office.
- If participating as a Category II Volunteer:
- Submit the application to the office.
- Complete the Annual Cave Creek Unified School District Volunteer Application packet for fingerprinting at the district office.
- CCUSD will let you know when you are cleared to volunteer.
For liability reasons, volunteers are expected to make alternate plans for the care of siblings. They are not to accompany you in your volunteer capacity.