Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Arts Secondary Education, English Hardin-Simmons University Abilene, Texas 2007
Well, I'm a native Texan, but I've lived in Phoenix for eight years, and I LOVE IT! I've been married for 11 years, and my husband and I have two crazy kids who also attend school in CCUSD.
I've been teaching 8th grade Language Arts at Sonoran Trails for all eight of my years in Phoenix, but before I moved here, I taught 11th grade which is why you'll find that I don't baby my students. Usually, they appreciate it. 😉 I actually never thought I'd want to teach middle school, but when I moved to Arizona, STMS was the first school to give me an interview and offer me a job, so I thought I'd give it a try, and... I LOVE IT!!! Y'all, 8th grade is my JAM. I just adore these awkward, mid-metamorphosis humans. Yes, yes--I'll be rolling my eyes at the melodrama, but honestly, I don't know what else I could ever do with my life that would be this combination of fun and important.
Top 5 Faves:
1. The Lord of the Rings (J.R.R. Tolkien)--it's a must-read for all humans
2. Unoffendable (Brant Hansen)--also, a must-read for humans (seriously, check it out!)
3. The San Antonio Spurs--I cried when Tim Duncan retired, and I cried way more when Manu Ginobili retired. Also, Gregg Popovich is a genius.
4. Target--is there anything I really need in life that I can't get there?
5. The Brant & Sherri Oddcast--the very best part-shenanigans/part-profound podcast out there