If you want to determine if your child is acquiring the skills needed to be successful in kindergarten, check the skills below to see how many your child has mastered.
* Listens to stories without interrupting
* Recognizes rhyming sounds
* Pays attention for short periods of time to directed tasks
* Cuts with scissors
* Traces basic shapes
* Shares with others
* Recognizes authority
* Manages bathroom needs
* Separates from parents without being upset
* Looks at pictures and can tell a story
* Identifies some upper and lowercase alphabet letters
* Sorts by color, size and shape
* Counts 0-20 with very little difficulty in the "teens"
* Writes first name and can tell you each letter in his/her first name
* Can get started on a snack/lunch with very little assistance