Welcome to History Class with Mrs.Frazey!
Dear Parents, Guardians and Students,
Welcome to AP World History and IB History of the Americas! I am Mrs. Frazey and I have been at Cactus Shadows for five years teaching AP History and IB History. I have a Master’s in Curriculum and Instruction as well as a Master’s degree in Educational Leadership K-12 from NAU. I am highly-qualified in Social Studies and English; teaching and learning is my passion and I promise to engage you in some exciting and fascinating lessons about the world and its history. I am eager for the opportunity to get to know you and I look forward to a happy and productive history year! The class dives into significant history events that have changed the course of the United States forever! The class has an enormous amount of ground to cover but is intriguing and rigorous. My classroom is student-led so that means with my guidance you will be expected to make important decisions about your own learning each day. Presenting topics that are important to you and allowing you to research areas that you need to have answers to, in terms of historical events, which have changed the course for Americans.
Curriculum Night/ Meet the Teacher is the evening of August 16th so hope to meet many of the families then. Please mark that date on your calendar.
In the meantime, please log into my google classroom. Students will find my syllabus there as well as all my daily assignments. There are many other historical resources on google classroom that the class will use throughout the year!
Welcome to Cactus Shadows 2022 – 2023 School Year!!!!
Cactus Shadows High School has in person learning with Google Classroom as the curriculum platform. All course work is now available via my Google Classroom site. An invitation to join my Google Classroom will be given to your child in class the first day of school.
Weekly Assignments: The course work for all my courses will be made available each week on Saturday prior to the due date and will be due as specified on that particular assignment or quiz on Google Classroom. This provides students with ample time to complete the work. Students will always have access to the next weekly assignments far in advance. These lesson plans include test prep for their AP or IB finals in May.
- Students should dress according to the student handbook.
- Casual - school-appropriate
- Hoodies does not cover the head
- No pajamas or sleepwear
- No inappropriate messaging on clothing
Language and behavior:
- School-appropriate language
- Avoid distracting behaviors
- Teachers will take attendance with within first 5 minutes of class. Attendance and tardiness will be recorded.
- If a student will miss a class period or a whole day, please call the attendance line
- Student behavior must be in accordance with established guidelines in the handbook. If a behavior that is not in alignment with the school rules occurs, consequences will apply.
- Academic integrity is absolutely expected during this time- students should produce and turn in their own work - any violations will have consequences in accordance with the student handbook.
Communication: Should you or your student need additional help/information please feel free to email or students can schedule “Office Hours” for individual needs or more in-depth questions. I am willing and able to provide “Office Hours” daily 2:00 -3:00 pm. Please email me to schedule this.
New Daily Online Schedule:
6:15 - 7:10 AM Zero Hour - I do not teach but you can find me in my classroom
7:15 - 8:15 AM 1st period - AP World History
8:20 - 9:20 AM 2nd period - AP World History
9:25 - 10:25 AM 3rd period - PREP
10:30 - 11:30 AM 4th period - IB History of the Americas
11:30 - 12:05 PM Lunch
12:05 - 1:05 PM 5th period - AP World History
1:10 - 2:10 PM 6th period - IB History of the Americas
2:10 - 2:45 Office hours - email me and let me know you are coming
Students, please visit my Google Classroom daily and sign in and contribute to my daily and weekly assignments! Attendance is taken daily.
1st period: AP World History 7:15-8:15
2nd period: AP World History 8:20-9:120
3rd period: Prep
4th period: IB History of the Americas 10:30 - 11:30
Lunch : 11:30 - 12:05
5th period: AP World History 12:05 - 1:05
6th period: IB History of the Americas 1:10 - 2:10
Office Hours daily by appointment through email from 2:10 - 2:45
Mrs. Frazey’s Online Classroom Expectations
- Classwork and assignments will be turned in on time
- Students will have two days for every day they are absent to turn in work
Daily Behavior Expectations:
- Follow district protocol for your behavior expectations.
Office Hours/ Contacting Mrs. Frazey:
- Mrs. Frazey will be available through school email account:
Required Texts for IB History of the Americas:
1)Oxford's History of the Americas, ISBN 978- 0198310235
2) Move to Global War, ISBN-13: 978-0198310181
Required Texts for AP World History:1)AMSCO textbook online in google classroom
2)Ways of the World 3rd Edition, ISBN: 978-1-319-02272-3 (we have a copy in the classroom for you to use)