Curriculum: Instructional Materials
The Arizona School Board of Education (AZ SBE) determines what students should know and be able to do in each subject area; essentially the AZ SBE establishes the standards. Each district has responsibility for adopting materials and supplemental resources to teach the set standards. The process for selecting materials includes:
1. A facilitator plans the review and establishes a committee to review materials up for consideration.
2. Committee members receive training in completing rubrics to evaluate materials.
3. The committee carries out the review of the materials which may include teaching specific lessons from the materials to implement in instruction.
4. Members of the committee select the materials.
5. Evaluate the process and results of the implementation of new materials.
Across the nation, the typical formal adoption cycle is six to seven years for each subject area. In CCUSD, the impact of the budget has significantly impacted our materials adoption cycle.
GET ACCESS TO FREE ONLINE K-8 COMPUTER SKILLS PROGRAMS
Open Resources and Websites accessed by CCUSD teachers.