Curriculum: Instructional Materials
The Arizona School Board of Education (AZ SBE) determines what students should know and be able to do in each subject area; essentially the AZ SBE establishes the standards. Each district has responsibility for adopting materials and supplemental resources to teach the set standards. The process for selecting materials includes:
1. A facilitator plans the review and establishes a committee to review materials up for consideration.
2. Committee members receive training in completing rubrics to evaluate materials.
3. The committee carries out the review of the materials which may include teaching specific lessons from the materials to implement in instruction.
4. Members of the committee select the materials.
5. Evaluate the process and results of the implementation of new materials.
Across the nation, the typical formal adoption cycle is six to seven years for each subject area. In CCUSD, the impact of the budget has significantly impacted our materials adoption cycle.
GET ACCESS TO FREE ONLINE K-8 COMPUTER SKILLS PROGRAMS
Open Resources and Websites accessed by CCUSD teachers.
As per Policy IJJ, textbooks will be placed on display in the District office (33016 N 60th Street, Scottsdale, 85266) for a period of at least sixty (60) days prior to the meeting, at which the Board will consider their adoption. Information related to textbooks which are proposed for approval, shall be placed on the District website.
THE ROLE OF THE ATHLETIC TRAINER IN SPORTS MEDICINE, by William E. Prentice is up for a textbook adoption.
The textbook is designed to introduce secondary school students who may be interested in pursuing a career in some aspect of health care to the profession of athletic training and the field of sports medicine. It provides information for students on a variety of topics, all of which relate in one way or another to health care for the athletic or physically active patient populations.
This book will be on display at the district office from August 31, 2022 to October 31, 2022.