Category I:Volunteers who visit the school on an occasional basis to participate in activities always within view of school staff and are never left alone with students.
Participation as a Category I volunteer does not require fingerprinting. Desert Sun Administration approves Category I volunteers. Examples include:
- Attendance at classroom events, fairs, recognitions, celebrations
- Classroom or lunch time visit on a limited basis-few times per year
- Classroom presenters
- Clerical Volunteers-copying, collating, filing, etc.
- High/Middle school student volunteer
- Participation in school beautification projects or projects of a limited duration