Language Acquisition for English Learners
We provide a variety of resources to teachers, students, and parents to facilitate our students who are English Learners [EL]:
- EL Coordinator at each site.
- Software Liscenses to aide in language development and acquisition for each site.
- Translation services as needed for conferences, important documents, and communication.
- iPads to assist in phonics development and vocabulary acquisition.
- AZELLA assessment and re-assessment for monitoring EL students' progress and for exiting proficient English speakers from the program.
Should you have site-specific questions, please contact the appropriate EL Coordinator:
- Black Mountain Elementary School: Michelle Adair
- Desert Sun Academy: Lori Johnston
- Desert Willow Elementary School: Sherry Holton
- Horseshoe Trails Elementary School: Alisa Gould
- Lone Mountain Elementary School: Lindy Murillo
- Sonoran Trails Middle School: Eric Devore
- Cactus Shadows High School: Cyndi Black