Life is an ongoing journey of learning and growth. Below are a few of the lessons I have learned along my own journey.
- Don't make every bump a tragedy.
- You are more resilient than you think.
- A walk or hike outside is a powerful remedy for painful emotions.
- Maintain structure, boundaries, professionalism, and discipline in your work.
- Be humble and respect the dignity of others.
- Everyone else's life matters just as much as your own.
- Celebrate other people's happiness and successes even if you are struggling in your own life.
- You can't always control what happens, but you can control how you respond.
- Don't speak when it is not your place.
- Give each day a purpose and fulfill it.
- If you make excuses, you miss out on an opportunity to grow.
- Take responsibility for your choices and learn from them.
- Self-pity is a self-imposed prison.
- Tell people what they mean to you.
- Finish what you start.
- Listen more than you speak.
- Do not dwell on what you cannot change. It will consume you otherwise.
- Life is not always fair. You must accept this.
- Read as many books as you can from as many genres as you can.
"When you complain, you make yourself a victim. Leave the situation, change the situation, or accept it. All else is madness." - Eckhart Tolle