Dr. Cort Monroe August 2022 Letter to the Community
Dear Parents, Community and CCUSD Staff,
Thank you for choosing the Cave Creek Unified School District! Your child/children will receive an outstanding education in our schools. Cave Creek Unified is not merely five elementary schools, one middle school and a high school; it is a caring community of people focused on what is best for students. As a small district with approximately 4,900 students, your child will receive personalized attention and will be an integral part of our educational system. Parents are always welcome in our schools as volunteers and are encouraged to become involved in their child’s education.
We have many opportunities to promote student success in and out of the classrooms. Our “One Team” rallying cry is to “Inspire Excellence” and drives our goals and priorities for the students in the district. The following are just a few of our highlights:
- Our schools focus on student achievement from the high school, which offers the prestigious International Baccalaureate program, to our full-day kindergarten programs, all focusing on educating the whole child.
- CCUSD consistently scores in the highest range on state-wide assessments in Arizona and is rated #1 in the NE Valley for three years in a row now.
- Teachers value teaching and learning and strive to reach and teach each child in order to help them develop their unlimited skills, talents and abilities.
- We provide unique programs for students such as Dual Enrollment, Advanced Placement, Fine and Performing Arts, Horsemanship, World Languages, STEAM and Career and Technical Education opportunities.
- Our extra-curricular programs offer students a well-rounded education ranging from award-winning athletics to exemplary programs in the fine arts, as well as preschool, before and after school childcare and community education classes year-round.
- Safety is a priority, with campus security and crisis plans securely in place, as well as regular parent Safety Forums focusing on all aspects of student safety, health and wellness.
- CCUSD always communicates in a timely manner and will make sure you are well informed about your child’s school and our district. We consistently use school and district newsletters, parent conferences, a community notification phone system, social media and our website found at www.ccusd93.org: all designed to keep you up-to-date. Parent Teacher Organizations (PTOs), Site Councils, committees and task forces help strengthen home/school connections and offer an opportunity for your voice to be heard.
We would love to have you follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and we are so pleased that you have chosen to become a part of our “Cave Creek Family.”
Cort Monroe, Ed.D.