Superintendent's Current Letter to the Community
Dear Parents, Community and CCUSD Staff,
With the 2018-19 school year completed, CCUSD is looking forward not only to the upcoming school year, but also to future years with an Innovation Committee working diligently to develop new Strategic Plan goals and objectives that will guide CCUSD for the next three years. Made up of parents, teachers, staff, students and community members, the Innovation Committee is reviewing hundreds of responses from staff members, parents and community members to the following questions:
- How should our learning environments be structured to meet the needs of our students?
- What does the perfect school look like?
- How will we prepare our graduates to be ready for college and 21st Century careers?
- What do you feel are non-negotiables for student learning and success?
The CCUSD Leadership Team and educators continue to explore innovation and relevancy of our curriculum and teaching practices as we challenge and engage our students. The Innovation Committee’s task will be to maintain and expand the strong legacy of learning which is a hallmark of the district. The Superintendent’s Student Cadre at Cactus Shadows High School provided input into the process by defining “Innovation” for the committee as they began their work. Here are their insightful contributions:
- Working for change to help others and strengthen our society.
- The ability to adapt into new circumstances.
- A tool or skill that can be used to make the world better or make something easier.
- Something that creates a positive change in everyday life.
- Creating an idea or something new to benefit society.
- New, Improve, Being one step ahead
- Being able to evolve in the future using modern technology and other things to get better over time – adaptation.
- Being able to evolve through technology and using the most of our creative ability.
To learn more about the CCUSD Innovation Committee, go to the Innovation Committee Webpage.
Debbi C. Burdick, Ed.D.