The Student Ambassador Club is a leadership opportunity for students who are dedicated to making a difference by serving as positive representatives of Cactus Shadows High School to classmates, parents, and community members. Student Ambassadors act as first experiences and impressions of CSHS students at school, district, and community events.
Lead Advisor: Danica Gianni
What does a Student Ambassador do?
- Develop an expanded knowledge of Cactus Shadows and Falcon Pride.
- Welcome and greet the public at school events such as Falcon Prep, Back to School Night, Parent Teacher Conferences.
- Conduct campus tours to prospective students, parents, and guests. (Additional training required)
- Represent their class and assist with pep rallies and assemblies.
- Engage in philanthropic activities to serve the immediate and broader community such as Feed My Starving Children, Foothills Food Bank, Caring Corps.
- Participate in campus showcase events such as Future Falcon Night, the 8th grade Fly-In, and STMS campus visits.
- Serve as a mentor or buddy to struggling students. (Additional training required)
- Coordinate opportunities for new students to connect to CSHS.
- Volunteer at district and community events such as: elementary school fall festivals, CCUSD 5K/10K Fun Run, Rock the District, and the Taste of Cave Creek.
- Partake in joint leadership and team building activities with the Student Leadership Class.
What are the benefits of becoming a Student Ambassador?
Student Ambassadors will gain confidence and develop a wide range of transferable interpersonal (public speaking, verbal and nonverbal communication, listening, customer service) and customer service skills benefiting them at the college or university level, the work of work, or the military. These skills will help to build a resume for any job opportunity or university/scholarship application. In addition to developing skills, Student Ambassadors will form a deeper connection to the campus and help students and the community learn more about Cactus Shadows.
How can I become a Student Ambassador?
Qualifications to participate…
- Attend monthly meetings and optional trainings.
- Commit to the 2022-2023 school year.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
- Exhibit leadership, initiative, dependability, resilience, and enthusiasm.
Student Ambassadors …
- want to make a difference
- are positive individuals
- value and represent Falcon Pride
- excel at communicating with others
- provide excellent customer service