Dear new parents and students of Cave Creek Unified School District,
Congratulations on your choice to consider enrolling in the Cave Creek Unified School District! As your Superintendent, or the Leading Learner here at CCUSD®, I can assure you that you've made the best educational choice for your child. Cave Creek is not merely five elementary schools, a middle school and a high school; it is a caring community of people focused on what is best for students.
As a small district with approximately 6,000 students, CCUSD® will treat your child with dignity and respect and your child will become an integral part of our educational system. We welcome and encourage parents to become involved in their child's education here at CCUSD®. We have many opportunities here to promote student success both in and out of the classrooms. Our Governing Board has chosen the creed "Students First....People Always" to exemplify our goals for the district. The following are just a few of the highlights from our district that you will find:
- Our schools focus on student achievement from the high school, which enjoys a fine reputation and is part of the prestigious International Baccalaureate program, down to our full-day kindergarten program, that focuses on educating the whole child.
- CCUSD® consistently scores in the highest range and we enjoy highly performing and excelling achievement labels from the Arizona Department of Education.
- Our teachers value teaching and learning and strive to reach and teach each child to help them develop their unlimited skills, talents and abilities.
- Our extra-curricular programs offer students a well-rounded education ranging from award winning sports, to exemplary programs in the fine arts as well as community education classes year-round.
- Safety is a main priority at CCUSD®, with campus security and crisis plans in place and parent Safety Forums focusing on all aspect of student safety, health and wellness.
- CCUSD® specializes in communication and making sure you feel well informed about your school and the district through school and district newsletters, parent conferences, a community notification system for instantaneous email and voice messaging and our website http://www.ccusd93.org/. We encourage parents to become involved and have a voice in the future of CCUSD® through active parent teacher organizations (PTOs), committees and task forces.
Our mission is to "Inspire Excellence" and our vision is, "The Cave Creek Unified School District community will provide diverse learning experiences to challenge and inspire all students to become thinking, responsible, contributing leaders with the passion and energy to shape our changing world."
Thank you for entrusting your child/ren to us so that we may work in partnership with you to provide the best educational experience possible for all of you. I encourage you to stay informed by checking back on our website regularly. If you have any questions or would like additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me at 480-575-2016 by phone or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Debbi Burdick, Ed.D.
Cave Creek Unified School District